As you are probably aware, there is a lot of chatter and there are many assertions about global warming, humanity’s impact upon the planet, etc. However, what is The Truth of the matter?
To begin with, I recommend this presentation by John MacArthur, which is one of the best summaries that I have found on the subject:
What Did יהוה Say?
And God prepareth the man in His image; in the image of God He prepared him, a male and a female He prepared them. And God blesseth them, and God saith to them, “Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it, and rule over fish of the sea, and over fowl of the heavens, and over every living thing that is creeping upon the earth.” Genesis 1:27-28, YLT
And to the man He said, “Because thou hast hearkened to the voice of thy wife, and dost eat of the tree concerning which I have charged thee, saying, Thou dost not eat of it, cursed [is] the ground on thine account; in sorrow thou dost eat of it all days of thy life, and thorn and bramble it doth bring forth to thee, and thou hast eaten the herb of the field; by the sweat of thy face thou dost eat bread till thy return unto the ground, for out of it hast thou been taken, for dust thou [art], and unto dust thou turnest back.” Genesis 3:17-19, YLT
And God blesseth Noah, and his sons, and saith to them, “Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth; and your fear and your dread is on every beast of the earth, and on every fowl of the heavens, on all that creepeth on the ground, and on all fishes of the sea – into your hand they have been given. Every creeping thing that is alive, to you it is for food; as the green herb I have given to you the whole; only flesh in its life – its blood – ye do not eat.
“And only your blood for your lives do I require; from the hand of every living thing I require it, and from the hand of man, from the hand of every man’s brother I require the life of man; whoso sheddeth man’s blood, by man is his blood shed: for in the image of God hath He made man. And ye, be fruitful and multiply, teem in the earth, and multiply in it.” Genesis 9:1-7, YLT
In summary, the fact is that the earth’s vegetated lands have shown significant greening over the last 35 years (equivalent in area to two times the continental USA), largely due to rising atmospheric carbon dioxide. Furthermore, carbon dioxide levels have virtually no measurable impact upon the earth’s temperature (but there is growing evidence that sun induced temperature changes—not man—may be primarily responsible for changes in the earth’s carbon dioxide levels).
- Don J. Easterbrook, PhD
- Global Cooling is Here: Evidence for Predicting Global Cooling for the Next Three Decades (Dr. Don J. Easterbrook)
- Biography of Don J. Easterbrook, PhD
It is interesting that in Ridley’s analysis of the data, he draws similar conclusions to those of MacArthur. However, Ridley’s comprehension of design and creation (due to his presuppositions despite the data) appears to be fundamentally lacking, unfortunately. Thus, while he is skeptical about so called “consensus science,” which leads him to realize much truth about the “global warming” scam, his skepticism does not drive him far enough to cause him to truly grasp the reality of our created world.
- Global Warming Versus Global Greening (Matt Ridley)
- A New Perspective on Climate Change
- How Fossil Fuels are Greening the Planet (Matt Ridley)
- Global Warming, the Politicization of Science, and Michael Crichton’s State of Fear (David Deming)
- Michael Crichton on Consensus Science
- Michael Crichton on Charlie Rose
- Aliens Cause Global Warming (Michael Crichton)
- Global Warming is a Hoax (Christopher Monckton)
- The Positive Impact of Human CO2 Emissions on the Survival of Life on Earth (Patrick Moore)
- The Global Warming Hoax (Christopher Monckton and Stefan Molyneux)
- Christopher Monckton Before U.S. Congress
- Dr. Roger Pielke and Dr. Roy Spencer Congressional Testimony